How can I recover data from a PC that won’t boot? Just boot your computer from Ubuntu Live USB drive and you can access all files on your hard drive. This can give you a chance to fix your computer issue, or just to backup all of your files before reinstalling Windows or attempting to repair the Windows installation.
In this post I’ll show you how to create a bootable Ubuntu USB flash drive with Universal USB Installer. Universal USB Installer is a free Linux bootdisk creator that allows you to choose from a selection of Linux Distributions to put on your USB Flash Drive.
How to Create A Bootable Ubuntu USB Flash Drive?
- Universal USB Installer doesn’t require installation. Just download the application and run it.
- Select Ubuntu from the drop-down box, and then click on Browse to specify an Ubuntu ISO image. If you don’t have one, use the program’s built-in download link to grab a copy of Ubuntu ISO image.
- Select the drive letter that corresponds to the USB drive that you want to put Ubuntu on.
- Click on the Create button. The program will extract the Ubuntu ISO image and copy the files to your USB drive.
- When the installer completes, click the Close button.
Now you can use the Ubuntu Live USB drive to boot the computer that you’re having trouble with, and troubleshoot your system issue or backup your important files.